Male Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynaecomastia)
Male breast pattern is the phenomenon caused when there is excess fat on a man’s chest or due to the irregular behaviour of glandular tissue and hormonal problems. Other causes can be due to being overweight and poor life style choice. Gynecomastia can cause a serious problem with an individual’s self-esteem and confidence making them socially reticent. This is particularly very problematic for young men who are often teased which can lead to anxiety and other psychological problems.
Some of the other causes for male breast pattern are
- Excess consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Unauthorized use of Anabolic steroids and androgens and other drugs like amphetamines are an also important factor
- Massive weight reduction
Which is why male breast reduction surgery is the best and permanent solution!
Before and after results for Male Breast Reduction in Delhi
At Enhance Clinics Delhi NCR we have experienced plastic surgeons who have performed hundreds of successful Gynecomastia procedures because we understand how important it is for you. Our facility is world class and we a have the best trained and professional staff to look after all your needs. Male breast reduction surgery or Gynecomastia does not last more than 2 hours generally and we ensure all our patients are educated and informed so they are emotionally and physically at ease.
Some useful information about Gynecomastia
- Always give full discloser of your medical background to your doctor and family medical history if they ask. When you share your medical history it helps the doctor to take some extra precaution to ensure patients overall safety during the surgery.
- The doctor must know if you are taking any prescribed or un-prescribed medication like antibiotics or herbal medication.
- Some medical tests are mandatory to see if you are fit for surgery because our patient’s physical well-being is paramount to us.
- Ensure you do not consume any alcohol or smoke cigarettes two weeks before the surgery and six weeks after because it helps with healing.
- You will be asked to wear a compression garment for four to six weeks, day and night. This is important because it helps to give you the right shape after surgery. You can only stop wearing it once the doctor says it is ok.
- You must take the medication given to you by the doctor which helps in ensuring there are no post-surgery complications.
How is it done?
There are two ways to surgically resolve Gynecomastia and it all depends on the size of the growth. Only after analyzing and discussing with the patient will the doctor proceed because we take all the right decisions in the best interest of our patients.
- First Method: Using liposuction surgery all fat from your chest is sucked out without removing the breast gland tissue.
- Second Method: Surgeon removes the breast gland tissue and this procedure are done endoscopically, which less evasive which leads to faster recovery.
In most cases general anesthetic is used so the patient will be asleep the whole time. Once that happens the surgeon will carefully make a cut around the areola and using liposuction and inserting cannula tubes which act as a sucking mechanism to suck out fat tissue.
We ensure there is no visible scarring after the procedure
Our doctors are so good at this procedure, the incisions which are made will be barely visible once you fully recover which might take between four to six weeks. After that, you can wear any tight shirts without feeling embarrassed and lead a happy and confident life because the effects of the surgery are permanent.